Thursday, October 11, 2007

big or little

Big or Little is a popular book with my 3 and 1/2 year old son. It's about a child who knows that sometimes he is big, and sometimes he is little.


I have finally gotten over my fear of intarsia and knit the Mags Kandis Hugs and Kisses hat. I still love working with Mission Falls Yarn! But, I have always been more of a stripes or texture gal - I have knit a few christmas stockings with intarsia, and still have a half knit one which I had to pull out so many times that the white from Santa's beard was pink from rubbing on the red. But, this came together nicely, no irritating parts to pull out and start again, and no lumps left. I will have to sew up the sides - I was willing to adventure into intarsia, but not knitting in the round, yet.

And, since the Parent Support Program in Shesashuit tries to give a baby shower to the new moms in the community, I played with the pattern and came up with Little Hugs and Kisses. I think it will fit a baby. So, Thank You to Mags Kandis - this is a very fun hat, and I hope you don't mind that I played with it.


By the way, we just got the yarn for the Fleece Artist kits. They are Elmira patterns and in three different colours (one swatch below). The yarn is Blue Face Aran, which is incredibly soft. The Elmira kits give you one Amelia hat pattern and one set of gauntlet gloves (check out the picture below). Here's the deal for the kits: drop off an item at our booth: you get a raffle ticket; sit and knit a square: hey! another ticket; don't have time to knit or drop off something? make a donation (you choose the amount), and you get a ticket. Sweet? We think so.










No comments: