Sunday, July 13, 2008

We're Stripping on August 3rd

Well, actually we're knitting strips. On Sunday, August 3rd, we're going to be at the Central Experimental Farm, as part of the Ottawa Knitter's Guild Knit-in. The event runs from noon to 4:30 pm, and we'll have a little table and chairs set up, so come by and say hi.

You can even bring items to donate to the event, and I will gratefully accept them. We're going to start a bunch of strips, and keep on knitting until 4:30. I'm hoping that we'll have enough strips to assemble into a blanket, which I will do over my holidays.

By the way, Knitomatic, Nathalie-Roze and Sew Be It in T.O. just sent me messages lettng me know that they are in for another year. Thanks guys!

One more note: the stores mentioned that they are receiving items in the mail. Love to hear that we've got people sending in stuff remotely, but it would be great if you could send it to us directly. Here's the address:

The Warm Hands Network
240 First Avenue
Ottawa Ontario
K1S 2G6

Okay, I admit it, I'm watching Hairspray for the first time as I'm updating the blog. Some major classic lines, starting with: "Hair can't just hang there like a dead thing on your cheeks". I think I need a beehive hairdo.

Bye for now,

Anita

No comments: