Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wool-Tyme in Ottawa is in!

We've got a new drop-off point in Ottawa - its Wool-Tyme. They have loads of great stuff - a warning: you won't be able to resist buying as you drop off.


Check out these over the knee socks by Kureyon - Wool-Tyme sells the yarn - I still think when you knit and it comes out stripey, there's some kind of magic involved.


While we're on the topic, I've found my first sock pattern - I'm overwhelmed by the dpn's - how can two hands knit with four needles? But this is a pattern that I found (shout out to all the Ravelarians who gave me advice.
What do you think? Is it a good pattern for a virgin sock knitter?
I'm going to start on it, just after the knit-out, I think (August 3rd, experimental farm, Ottawa) - I'm hoping to get a few strips going there, and then to strong-arm my mommy into helping me turn them into a blanket.
See you soon!
ab

No comments: